Monday, May 6, 2013

Why I Wish to Teach

I feel like teaching is what I am called to do. Growing up I was the oldest out of my family and I took on that role of being the grown up towards them and helped them with as much as I could. Also, my mom has worked at a day care for 15+ years and growing up in a day care system I learned about  many different situations and how to handle them. I have lots of experience with children.

My ideal classroom would be a tough stance on discipline with an open mind towards students and their learning to really understand any topic, a series of questions, from both I the teacher and students, need to be asked.

In order to learn, a classroom must be a place not only for students to be sitting in a room bored and to jam pack materials in their head for eight hours, but where ideas can be discovered, challenged and reformed into better, for more understandings. School is where students develop skills that help them interact and adapt to a changing world.

When a teacher knows the subject well, it becomes more natural for the teacher to teach it well to their students. Working with students is the primary aim of the teacher’s career. Teachers must know how to work in the many roles and fulfill the numerous duties that we have.

So you may ask, why do I wish to be a teacher? Because I love children, to be a role model for children, teach them about tomorrow, to be creative, its unpredictable, and most importantly it is rewarding!

My goal is to be the teacher to instill a passion for learning within my students while providing them with an educational environment that is encouraging and positive. Through education, and individual will receive the skills and tools that are necessary to build in life that is successful.

As you can see in this picture, the teacher has her students circling around her. This is a way to get her students more engaged with what they are learning; (because they are in a group discussion). This is what I would love to do with my students.

2 comments:

  1. I think you will become a great teacher. You work so hard in the classroom on everything you do. Also, seeing that you mom has work in a daycare for 15+ years that is awesome and im sure you enjoy kids just as much as she does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Megan! That means so much! You will be a great teacher as well! I am so glad we became friends and have same classes together again in the fall! I hope we can all hang out this summer.

    ReplyDelete